Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with depositing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's survey them. Doing so, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to establish a web page, email addresses, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by some hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between individual groups of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a huge number of pics with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mails. Some corporations provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you want to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a website. To some degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At Cedar Web Solutions, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular content exclusively.